Sunday, October 6, 2019

The Life Of Darren

            Before anything else, let me introduce the basics of myself. My name is Darren  and I'm currently 17 years old. Born on April 18, 2002 in Phoenix, Arizona, I was the first child for my parents. Although born in Arizona, I was raised up in the wonderful state, New York. Specifically Flushing, Queens, I would do all my elementary schools years there as well as 6th and 7th grade there. New York is wonderful because it a very crowded and busy state compared to my current state, Florida. Both of my parents are born and raised up in China but moved to the United States in their late 20s. I consider myself as Asian-American as my ethnicity is Chinese. I appreciate being Chinese as there are many benefits of being Chinese. Food is definitely one of them as almost all authentic Chinese parents knows how to cook Chinese dishes as they were raised up to learn how to cook at a early age from their parents. Although, asian parents are seen as strict and aggressive, my parents are surprisingly extremely calm and laid back.

            In addition, my personality is complicated. I have quite a bipolar personality as I can go from being mad to happy in a snap of a finger. I am a very outgoing and hyper person. However, it all depends on who I'm with as that is very important because many people tend to act differently due to the people they are around. I wouldn't say I have a anger issue but I do throw anger tantrum when I get extremely pissed but it been getting better as I mature day by day. My main hobby is collecting hype sneakers. I really adore fashion especially streetwear and because I feel sneakers is a major factor in a outfit, I buy many sneakers from all colors and styles. I like many sports but I love playing soccer and volleyball whenever I have the time. I started playing soccer when I was young as the friends I hang out with during that time would always go out and play soccer after school. I started loving volleyball when I joined my middle school boy's volleyball team and surprisingly I was very good at it. I love food and I will eat every food that is put in front of me regardless of what culture the food is from. I don't have any dislikes but I dislike hot weather as I hate being hot which explains why I mostly wear shorts and short sleeve shirts.

             Last but not least, I will shift to my educational aspect of my life. I spent all my elementary years at one school in New York. For my middle school years, I spent 6th and 7th grade in a middle school in New York as well but I moved to Florida with my parents mid year of 7th grade. I continue my 7th grade year and 8th grade at Sunrise Middle. Currently, now I'm attending Fort Lauderdale High School and part of their Cambridge Program. I am taking 3 AICE classes this year. I hope to pass all my AICE tests this year so I can receive my Cambridge diploma so I can look forward to my college years in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment